Since Crawler Conceptz entered the crowded Jeep aftermarket parts industry less than two years ago, owner Shad Kennedy and his team have tirelessly worked to produce Jeep accessories that are as stout as they are eye-catching. The San Jacinto, Calif., company launched with a handful of options for the current Jeep JK Wrangler, and has been expanding its product line ever since.
The Ultra II rear bumper is available with an integrated swing-out tire carrier or as a standalone bumper. Each are available with a Frenched-in trailer hitch or with a notch to accommodate Jeep’s factory trailer hitch. The bumper, sans hitch, weighs in at 70 pounds. Selecting the triangular tire carrier adds another 56 pounds. All versions of the Ultra II include recessed cutouts for 2.5-inch LED lights. (Crawler Conceptz offers 13-LED lights with rubber grommets for $56, plus shipping, on its website.)
Construction utilizes 3/16-inch steel plate and one-inch ramp-cut D-ring tabs.
Installation is a bolt-on affair, using four factory bolts and requires drilling a few new holes in the frame. (Watch for our installation write-up in the near future.) The tire carrier is a bit more detailed, as the end user must lubricate and install two tapered roller bearings, secure a polyurethane bushing and connect a 3/16-inch tailgate plate to the carrier A-frame via a tie rod. Still, installation should be a straight-forward DIY project.
- Manufacturing location: San Jacinto, Calif.
- Material: 3/16″ steel
- Trailer hitch: Factory or integrated (no-cost option)
- Width: Corner
- Lighting options: 2 3/4″ recesses (accept 2.5″ round LED lights)
- Finish: Raw steel
- Drilling required: Yes, minimal
- Hi-Lift jack points: No
- Weight: 126 lbs. (Bumper – 70; Carrier assembly – 56)
- MSRP: $1,279 (Bumper alone – $579)
- Contact: Crawler Conceptz, 1231 S. Buena Vista St., Ste. E; San Jacinto, CA 92583
- Telephone: 951.654.0136
- Website: www.crawlerconceptz.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hours of operation: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (PST), Monday through Friday