The good folks at Wrangler JL Forums recently posted a leaked clay design study of an early JL design. (The monstrocity bore uncanny resemblance to the current Jeep Renegade, and likely would’ve sent used Wrangler prices further into the stratosphere.)
A detail from the model that has a lot of people talking, though, is the six-panel roof design (three up top, two side windows and rear window) that shows how Jeep engineers are at least contemplating meeting new safety standards without sacrificing Wrangler’s open-air feel.
Visit Wrangler JL Forums at the link above, or check out this post at Extreme Terrain’s blog: Leaked: 2018 JL Wrangler Clay Models and Roof Design! — ExtremeTerrain.com Blog
More on the 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler & pickup:
- Leaked: First images of the 2018 JL Wrangler, possible 2019 JT Wrangler pickup
- BREAKING: Diesel engine confirmed for ’18 Wrangler!
- 2018 Wrangler JL sheds some camouflage; best glimpse yet at new grille, headlights
- In the flesh, er, sheet metal! Jeep pickup spied out for a test drive
- Spotted: 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited in the Wild! Design Details Exposed!
- Report: Next-generation Jeep Wrangler will have optional 300-HP four-banger
- Poll: 2018 Jeep Wrangler must-haves