To our fellow enthusiasts in California: Take action on this today! Don’t wait. Share with all your friends!
- Ask your lawmaker to vote NO on SB 249 or replacement of the “urgency” to keep the bill in the Senate for further discussions
- SB 249 would force the complete rewrite of OHV regulations that would halt any grants going to county law enforcement, conservation/restoration efforts, and safety programs for a period of at least one year or the grants program might not even exist in any meaningful capacity.
- OHV is an important multi-billion dollar per year economic benefit to the state and local economy
- The OHV Program is a national model of environmentally sound recreation
- The current OHV program was created in a bipartisan manner under the leadership of Senator Steinberg in 2007. The OHV program provides critical funding for law enforcement, search and rescue, conservation, and protection of natural and cultural resources.
Please do this today!
The Recreation HQ is firing up its CODE RED Alert System and is asking you to take just a minute or two this a.m. to contact your own CA State Senator and ask them to VOTE NO or replacement of the “urgency” which was taken out of the current version of SB 249 as a way to marginalize state senators who support the current CA OHV Program.
LINK so you can quickly find your own state senator